If you’ve ever wanted to voice your opinion, Sunnybrook wants to hear from you. As part of the hospital’s unique Patient Engagement Strategy, members of the community can cast their votes on a series of interesting poll topics. Results are shared with the hospital’s senior leadership team and help inform the decisions around a number of hospital-wide strategies. To date, the polls – available on Sunnybrook’s homepage and through its social media channels – have yielded hundreds of responses. If you haven’t yet, now’s the perfect time to throw in your two cents! sunnybrook.ca/engagement
Should visiting hours remain the same, be open 24-7 or be extended by a few hours?
- 59% said stay the same (between 8 a.m. & 10 p.m.)
- “Patients need sleep at night. They need the rest”
- “Should be up to the patient”
- 33% be open 24-7
- “For family members and direct caregivers (who should not be considered visitors), there should be no limits. They should be seen as members of the care team.
- 8% extend by a few hours
- “Family demands are many. Huge stress on families with sick loved ones. The extended time helps”
Should Sunnybrook play music in the Emergency Department?
- 70% said yes
- “Playing music has the potential to support the psychological well-being of patients and improve overall experience
- 20% said no
- “For those who are hearing impaired, sound makes it harder to understand someone speaking to you”
- 10% said it depends on the type of music played