Every year, thousands of Canadians undergo surgery. The process, including the effects of anesthesia, can take a toll on your body in many ways.
Watch the video above and check out our infographic for tips to combat the side effects of surgery and fuel your healing process.
Nutrition After Surgery: Fuelling Your Recovery
- Fluids and fibre-rich foods can help combat constipation
- Replace large portions with smaller, more frequent meals and snacks
- Protein helps boost healing, energy and your immune system
- Avoid consuming sugar, alcohol and processed foods
- If your appetite is low, ask about nutritional supplements